Security Licences and Insurance


Security Licences and Insurance

Private security activities within Western Australia are governed by the Security and Related Activities (Control) Act 1996 and the Security and Related Activities (Control) Regulations 1997.

It is important to ensure that the company you have selected is approved to trade in the security business. The person visiting your home must be authorised to do so and has the correct licenses. At Rhino Security Doors & Windows we have all the required licences in place to ensure the job is completed correctly and you are safe.

Additionally, it is important to know that staff who visit your premises have the correct insurance for multiple reasons: to ensure they are covered for unfortunate accidents, and equally important to ensure you are not exposed to liability for activity on the property you own or are responsible for.

Be aware; Installers, trades, and sales people, who do not hold security cards will not have been police checked; and this is a government legal requirement! This is also extremely important for people working on your home and have access to keys!

About Security Licences

  1. Agent Licences:
    You must hold the appropriate Agent licence if you intend to advertise the supply of products or services defined by the Security and Related Activities (Control) Act, or to supply the services of any person holding a licence under the Act.Holders of Agent licences are not permitted to perform the duties of the other licence classes. They are only permitted to supply the services of the holders of other licences. Additionally, Agents have particular obligations placed on them by the Act to maintain particular records and communicate information to the Commissioner of Police. An agent licence CANNOT be transferred and is only valid for the company it was originally applied for on behalf of.
  2. Security Installer Licence:
    This licence authorises you to install, maintain and repair security equipment controlled by the Act. This licence does not apply to installers of security equipment in vehicles, vessels or aircraft.
  3. Security Consultant Licence:
    This licence authorises you to investigate and advise on matters relating to the watching, guarding and protection of property as well as going from place to place seeking out persons who may be prepared to enter into contracts for the supply of security equipment or services.

Further information on security agent licences can be found at the below link:

The below lists the required licenses in place for Rhino Security Doors and Windows

Licence/PolicyNo / Ref
Security Agents LicenceSA50324
Security Installer LicenceSG43750
Security Consultant LicenceSG43750
Copies of Certificate of Currency/Security certificates and cards, available on request